Saturday, August 06, 2005

The Pain of Heartbreak

I walked not only with you
but also behind you

Feeling the love, joy,
sorrow and pain

I still walked following
Waiting for that moment
When we would be one.
One heart, One soul, One as one
As you said we would be.

I only wished to make you happy
Even though there were misunderstandings and blindness
Within your eyes, heart and very soul.
Waiting still for that moment
When we would be one. One heart, One soul, One as one.
As you said we would be.

I gave completely without thought of tomorrow
For I wanted to trust you
Your words said I should trust you
And when I felt the stings of the thorn
I did try ~ I swear I did try ~ To trust you still.

The moon is hidden within the eclipse
The waters are now dry within the summer heat
You took your love from me
The dreams now fallin to the pits of hell

I walk away knowing fully within my heart
That you now possess the black rose
In your deadly grasp
No longer admiring that which you said
You once loved and would always be there to take care of
Dead to your heart and soul.

Written by janis dianne fowler 6th of August 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home